ENGAGE STUDENTS - EMPOWER EDUCATORS - TRANSFORM SCHOOLS
Amy Brownlee - STEAM, Integrated Math, Entrepreneurship, Technology Curriculum
Hi, I’m Amy Brownlee! I am the Assistant Director of Lausanne Learning as well as the lower school technology instructor at Lausanne Collegiate School. I have a background in mathematics teaching, with a Bachelor’s degree in Elementary Education and a Master’s in Curriculum and Instruction.
Before I started teaching, I spent over 12 years in hospitality management with a focus on internal auditing and training. My passion for mathematics and technology has inspired me to begin diving into entrepreneurship in the classroom, building a business with students from the ground up. I am the advisor for Lausanne Collegiate School’s Virtual Reality Club, and I am always striving to bring a growth mindset to my students through embracing failure as a learning experience. I was the Real World Scholar’s Founder of the Month for October 2018 and I am currently on the RWS teacher advisory board.
In my free time, I love to spend time with my family, play board/card/dice games, visit escape rooms, and spend time outdoors. I love to bake and create new recipes! I am a huge fan of nature documentaries, historical documentaries, or anything that has to do with space.
Engage Amy Brownlee
If you would like to engage Amy, please fill in the form below or email Lausanne Learning Director Amber Colvin at email@example.com. Amy’s contact information is below if you would like to talk to him directly.
As a Lausanne Learning Mentor, Amy exemplifies the Lausanne Learning Five Characteristics:
- Student-Centered Character: Lausanne Learning Mentors always keep each student at the center of the conversation in imagining what “could be” from “what is”
- Sustaining Character: Lausanne Learning Mentors are focused on working with the school to implement practices that can be sustained over the long term to support the school’s mission
- Imaginative Character: Lausanne Learning Mentors are expert and thus can imagine different answers as you interrogate the key question or questions that you are being asked
- Independent Character: Lausanne Learning Mentors ensure that their clients become independent of them over time, not co-dependent
- Fearless Character: Lausanne Learning Mentors won’t tell their clients what they want to hear but what, in their professional opinion, should be said
1381 West Massey Road
Memphis, TN 38120