ENGAGE STUDENTS - EMPOWER TEACHERS - TRANSFORM SCHOOLS
JoJo Juarez - Athletic Development, Teaching the Whole Child, Holistic Education
I am the Lower School Physical Education teacher and Head Varsity Soccer Coach for All Saints Episcopal School in Tyler, TX. In addition to my current role at All Saints, I am also the Director of Coaching for FC Dallas East Texas Juniors here in Tyler as well. The majority of my work both on the field and in the PE realm is centered on the idea of Long-Term Athletic Development (LTAD). By creating and implementing this LTAD model, the students and student-athletes reap the benefits of this holistic approach during their journey towards physical health and well-being. Prior to All Saints and FC Dallas ETX, I also coached/taught on various levels including the youth, high school, collegiate and professional levels.
I earned my Master of Education in Coaching Education and Athlete Development from Xavier University and my Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology from the University of Texas at Tyler. I am also a nationally licensed soccer coach with U.S. Soccer with experience at every level within the game.
I am passionate about the holistic development of a child/student/athlete. I am dedicated to health, well-being, and physical fitness and all that comes with those. I am also very passionate about Long-Term Athletic Development and the place it plays in the school setting. Physical Education plays a pivotal role in the holistic development of a child and the school setting is the ideal platform in which that development can occur. Furthermore, I firmly believe that athletics also facilitates that development by adding elements of psycho-social, physical, and cognitive development.
The research outcomes of incorporating quality Physical Education and Athletics programs include:
improved self-confidence and self-image
Sustained levels of cardiovascular health
Improved social skills and interaction
Improved motor control and learning skills
Increased academic performance
Engage JoJo Juarez
If you would like to engage JoJo, please fill in the form below or email email@example.com. JoJo’s contact information is below if you would like to talk to him directly.
As a Lausanne Learning Consultant, JoJo exemplifies the Lausanne Learning Five Consulting Characteristics:
- Student-Centered Character: Lausanne Learning Consultants always keep each student at the center of the conversation in imagining what “could be” from “what is”
- Sustaining Character: Lausanne Learning Consultants are focused on working with the school to implement practices that can be sustained over the long term to support the school’s mission
- Imaginative Character: Lausanne Learning Consultants are expert and thus can imagine different answers as you interrogate the key question or questions that you are being asked
- Independent Character: Lausanne Learning Consultants ensure that their clients become independent of them over time, not co-dependent
- Fearless Character: Lausanne Learning Consultants won’t tell their clients what they want to hear but what, in their professional opinion, should be said
Physical Education Teacher, Varsity Boys Soccer Coach, and 6-8 Grade Track Coach
All Saints Episcopal School
2695 S. SW Loop 323
Tyler, TX 75701
JOIN THE LAUSANNE LEARNING COMMUNITY