ENGAGING STUDENTS - EMPOWERING TEACHERS - TRANSFORMING SCHOOLS
LLI World will be held at Lausanne Collegiate School in Memphis, Tennessee, which is currently completing their certification as one of 13 independent schools in the country designated as an IB World School.
LLI World is more than just a content-delivery workshop for IB practices, it's an opportunity for teachers to come together and share best practices and strategies to benefit all IB schools.
What is LLI World
LLI World is a two-day conference that focuses on providing concrete, real world teaching strategies for IB classrooms. With a wide variety of instructors from PYP, MYP, DP, and IB administration, LLI World is where teachers can come together, sharing best practices through live "fishbowl" classrooms and active learning workshops.
LLI World is not an authorized IB event and is not a way to receive certification or authorization. It is instead a way for teachers to come together to learn and share to further engage students by working collaboratively.
What You'll See at LLI World
LLI World doesn't rely on paid consultants or experts to run Powerpoint heavy workshops. Instead, we ask for teachers like you to lead a live-teaching fishbowl classroom, active learning workshop, or teaching roundtable, describing one of your best strategies for teaching IB. This style of peer-to-peer learning is powerful, authentic, and relevant. We are looking for proposals that describe a project, strategy, or skill that involves:
Our Educational Partners
We're delighted to welcome Follett to LLI World! Make sure to visit the Follett Information Center to learn about the exciting resources they provide for educators!
Our Favorite IB Teaching Tips:
- Integrate technology! Use technology for your needs though, rather than stuffing your needs into technology that doesn't work for you.
- Prioritize your own self-care. You serve your students better when you are happy, energetic, and able to be present.
- Share your teaching! One of the best ways to learn is to teach, so present at conferences (like LLI World!), share with your PLN, and be a leader at your school.
- Plan for everything, but don't be afraid to try new things!
- Communicate with students, but also have your students help you communicate with parents and the community. The IB can be mysterious from the outside - help them see the amazing teaching you're doing!
- Have fun! Students feel stress - so do teachers! Having fun with your teaching and learning is the best way to reduce stress.
- Ask questions - constantly. If you want to encourage students to ask questions, start asking them as well!
- Use your community. Take advantage of the resources that are available in your school and away from your campus to help students see the real-world value of their IB education.
- Create space to explore new ideas and ways of thinking.
- Learn from other IB teachers - and teachers beyond the IB classroom! We tend to work in silos, so making connections and learning from other educators is crucial. Register for LLI World today for a unique learning experience!
Follow Lausanne Learning on Twitter for more tips, exciting updates and announcements, and more!
Why LLI World?
Expanding the horizons of learning
LLI World will bring teachers together to share best practices, share successful strategies, and help develop new ways to deliver powerful IB curriculum
Active learning for all learners
Active learning sessions mean that we practice what we preach. Presenters are asked to limit the Powerpoint time and develop hands-on strategies for session attendees. The gives time to create plans and artifacts with an expert guide instead of leaving the heavy lifting for later. You are guaranteed to have three or four actionable items to use on day one.
Quality learning for all budgets
LLI World brings the quality of a national conference with the value that all schools can appreciate. Featuring hands-on professional development, breakfast and lunch for all attendees, access to top regional thought leaders, and membership in LLI's national network of educators, schools will discover what it really means to engage, empower, and transform.
Locally sourced collaborative learning
LLI World is focused on providing the best student-centered learning strategies from the best teachers in the area. Practical techniques and passionate learning create powerful networks of educators from right down the street, giving you the support you need to help transform schools.
Discover session times, topics, and teacher experts. Download the LLI app to create your own schedule
Individual - $ 375
Group 5+ - $ 300/per
Presenter - $150
Special discounts for LLI World
What Do Teachers Say?
Over 700 schools from around the world have attended LLI events.
Are you on the list?
Survey results from over 900 attendees at LLI events in 2017-2018
JOIN THE LAUSANNE LEARNING COMMUNITY