ENGAGE STUDENTS - EMPOWER EDUCATORS - TRANSFORM SCHOOLS
December 5-6, 2019
2018 Workshops Filled Up Fast - Don't Miss Out!
Here's a small sampling of the workshops at the 2018 conference - look for even more useful professional development workshops from amazing teachers in 2019!
- Using Hands-On Modeling to Effectively Navigate Difficult Science Concepts
- Effective Inflection, Scaffolding, and Coaching in Translating Foreign Language
- Are Your Students Moving While They Learn?
- Making Sense: How to Use Sensory Activities in a Preschool Curriculum
- In the Trenches - The Miracle of Christmas 1914
- Creating a School Culture of Mindfulness
- STM ON AIR: Student-Run Live Studio Broadcast
- How Can I Be Creative in Teaching When I Have So Much to Do?
- Navigating History's Waters: Helping Students Make the Most of Their Journey Through History
- Repetition vs. Redundancy: Review Games and Ideas to Keep Students Engaged
- Math Doesn’t Change, but Students and Technology Do: How Math Teachers Can Embrace the Change in the Classroom
- Deconstructing Fortnite to Understand Student Motivation
- Writing in the MakerSpace
- Learning Farm Fun: Parts of a Plant and their Needs
- Using Fractions & Percent to Discover the Perfect Chocolate Milk Formula
- How to Start a Robotics Program in Your School
- ...plus about 90 more!
This is just a small sample of the kinds of workshops you can expect at Lausanne Learning: Mississippi - Innovation in Action, so submit your workshop and register today!
Lausanne Learning: Mississippi - Innovation in Action Keynote Speaker
George Couros is a leading educator in the area of innovative leadership, teaching, and learning. He has worked with all levels of school, from K-12 as a teacher, technology facilitator, and school and district administrator, and is the author of the book, The Innovator’s Mindset; Empower Learning, Unleash Talent, and Lead a Culture of Creativity. He is a sought after speaker on the topic of innovative student learning and engagement and has worked with schools and organizations around the globe.
George is a leader in the area of innovation, yet his focus is always on the development of leadership and people and what is best for learners. His belief that meaningful change happens when you first connect to people’s hearts, is modeled in his writing and speaking. You can connect with George on his blog, The Principal of Change or through Twitter at @gcouros.
Lausanne Learning: Mississippi - Innovation in Action is a two-day professional development conference designed for teachers to share their practical classroom skills with other teachers in Mississippi and beyond. Featuring fishbowl classrooms, active learning sessions, and collaborative events, THIS is the new generation of authentic, effective teacher training. All workshops are led by educators who actively use these tools and strategies in the classroom and who will share their resources and ideas with you in a collaborative learning environment!
Subject to change - download the Lausanne Learning app for the most up-to-date schedule!
Thursday, December 5:
8:00 - Registration & Breakfast
12:00 - Lunch
4:00 - Closing
Friday, December 6:
8:00 - Breakfast
12:00 - Lunch
4:00 - Closing
Lausanne Learning: Mississippi - Innovation in Action will take place at Madison-Ridgeland Academy - see map below!
JOIN THE LAUSANNE LEARNING COMMUNITY